Sunday, March 29, 2015

Penny Pinching in my youth

I haven't had a chance to post anything here is a long time. But waking up today, I remembered a method my Grandmother (and I am sure others) have used. My Grandmother grew up in a time of war. Basic necessities where scarce.  Tthat meant reusing things to the point of breaking. That could be old radio, radio parts, vehicles, etc.

So, when I was young, among the things my Grandmother liked to do would be to add garters back unto old "jockey" briefs. Certainly the garters where cheaper than buying new briefs. Soap also did not escape. We used bars back then and we would always take the left over bars that,, on their own, were too small to use, and squeezed these together so that they merged into a bigger one. Forget that the different coloured bars and fragrance did not look too appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment